Thursday, June 11, 2009

EXPRESS YOUR OPINION THURSDAY

I think Thursdays should be " express your opinion day". And today my opinion is (ta-da):..I AM SO OVER ANYTHING MADE IN CHINA! Nothing I see that has that label makes my heart sing. Maybe that's why I love vintage things so much. It's comforting to know that the things one loves have been loved down thru the years by so many other people. Vintage items have developed a soul because they have been loved so much and they never lose their ability to make one's days just a little bit happier. Some people have never experienced the thrill of discovering some precious object in a dusty thrift store or yard sale and have their heart beat just a little bit faster..expecially if the found object is pink! I think it's sad that the throw-away merchandise that stacks store shelves in all it's plastic glory can't even begin to cause even a slight flutter. The same happy feelings belong to hand made also...anything handmade has a special quality that mass produced can't touch. So, vintage or handmade...it's sooo much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment